As a designated sponsor agency by the U.S. Department of State, we fully comply to all regulations and requirements of the Exchange Visitor Program, and also expect our Host Families and Au Pairs to stay in compliance.
We look for Host Families who not only need childcare, but who will also treat their Au Pair as a member of the family and include them in family activities as much as possible. Our goal is to connect our Au Pairs with supportive and safe family environments that reinforce intercultural sharing and exchange.
Your family may qualify for ProAuPair’s program if
- Host parents are US citizens or legal permanent residents
- English is the primary language spoken in the home
- Family has adequate financial resources to support hosting an Au Pair for 12 months
- Family agrees to a personal interview
- Family supplies two references for background check from friends, neighbors, or employer
- Family reads and agrees to the U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program regulations
The Host Family provides the Au Pair with
- Private room, meals, and access to a bathroom
- A weekly stipend (click here for amount by Program)
- Up to $500 in tuition per year ($1000 for EduCare Au Pairs)
- Automobile insurance coverage
- Two weeks’ paid vacation; one full weekend off per month; 1.5 days off per week
The Host Family agrees to
- Schedule no more than 10 hours of childcare per day and no more than 45 hours per week
- Participate in at least one Au Pair Agency sponsored Family Day event with your Au Pair during the year
- Be available for monthly follow-ups with the Au Pair coordinator
Please also read the Letter from the U.S. Department of State to Host Families http://exchanges.state.gov/root/packages/files-folder9/au-pair-host-family-letter-december-2010.pdf
You may also check the requirements at the U.S. Department of State.
Start your Family Profile with ProAuPair Now or Call us at 949 903 2348 or 949 545 8191 if you have any questions.