ProAuPair’s Step-by-Step Process
- Check if your Family qualifies to host an AuPair via our Department of State designated AuPair Cultural Exchange Program.
- Start your Family Profile & review profiles online.
- Schedule a free consultation call with our team to get expert advice and help you find the best match for you. You will have access to all candidates online and can talk with our experienced placement team about pros and cons of individual candidates based on your family’s needs and who might be a good fit for you. We will then introduce you to the candidates who are also interested in interviewing you based on your profile.
- Interview in person with our Area Director in your home. This gives you a chance to ask more detailed questions and to show your future Au Pair’s room.
- Interview candidates on Skype, and if your favorite candidate accepts your offer, you have a match. At this time the Placement Fee is due.
After that we will
- Assist your Au Pair to schedule an US embassy interview in her home country to apply for her J-1 Au Pair Visa. Your Au Pair will typically receive her visa within 3 to 10 days after this visa appointment.
- Make sure your Au Pair will complete her orientation, 32 hours of childcare & safety training & 6 hours communication training in her home country before traveling to you.
- Meet with you and your Au Pair within the first two weeks after arrival for an orientation to make sure everyone is adjusting well and answer and questions you may have.
- Organize social events for the AuPairs and be a local support for you and your AuPair for the entire program time.
How long does the process take?
The minimum time frame for visa processing after your match are 4-6 weeks. We recommend that you start the process as soon as possible. Especially German care professionals finish their application as early as 6-9 months in advance.
Start your Family Profile Now or Call us at 949 903 2348 if you have any questions.
Looking For The Right Aupair For Your Family? Visit ProAuPair.com For More Information