Apex PROaupair is designated as an official sponsor of the J-1 Au Pair Exchange Visitor Program, overseen by the U.S. Department of State.
Through the au pair program, au pairs and host families take part in a mutually rewarding, intercultural opportunity. Au pairs, who are foreign nationals between the ages of 18 and 26, can continue their education while experiencing everyday life with an American family, and host families receive reliable and responsible childcare from individuals who become part of the family.
Apex PROaupair has a strong relationship with the U.S. Department of State and works to ensure that participants (both au pairs and host families) are fully compliant with program regulations and supports them in a way that encourages cultural exchange and program success.
The U.S. Department of State regulations state that:
- Both host parents must be American citizens or permanent residents
- Au pairs have a private bedroom
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Au pairs can work up to 45 hours per week, and up to 10 hours per day
- Au pairs must have 1.5 days off each week and one full weekend off each month
- Au pairs must receive six credits (or 60 hours) of education at an accredited post secondary institution (such as a community college)
- Au pairs receive two weeks of paid vacation during their year-long program
- Au pairs receive full room & board and a weekly stipend from their host family
Apex PROaupair operates within the regulations defined by the U.S. Department of State. It is important to us that both host families and au pairs are aware of these regulations. Apex PROaupair’s registered name with the U.S. Department of State is A.P.EX American Professional Exchange, LLC (dba Apex PROaupair).
For more information, including a complete listing of program regulations, please visit the following links: