Who are they?
All our Professional Au Pairs have either extensive childcare experience (1-2 years) and/or a professional degree in a child-related field. Many of our candidates are interested in working with infants, toddlers and/or children who have special needs and require a very skilled, committed caregiver. They have chosen careers that will involve children and they see coming to the U.S. as an opportunity to gain additional work experience related to their field of study, experience the American culture, and further refine their English language skills. Our candidates are highly motivated, committed individuals who look forward to making a difference in the lives of their host children and their families.
Most candidates come from Germany, but we also have local teams working with candidates in the U.K., Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, China, Switzerland and other countries.
What makes an au pair a “Professional Au Pair?”
In addition to the requirements set by the U.S. Department of State, our Professional Au Pairs have to provide proof of either a degree in a childcare related profession and/or at least one year of full-time experience working with children.
Following are examples of the types of degrees our Professional Au Pairs have:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pediatric Nursing
- Speech Therapy
- Special Education
- Preschool/Kindergarten/Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education
All of our Professional Au Pairs go through a rigorous screening process that includes:
- Criminal Background Checks
- Physical Exam & Medical History
- Professional References (employers)
- Personal References (non-family members who can provide character references)
- Education References (teachers, professors)
- Personal Interview in English language assessment
- Personality Profile Dr. Harman Personality Analysis “The Color Code”
- Driving Record (in countries where available)
- In Person Interview with an Apex PROaupair team member
Whether you need a Professional Au Pair who specially trained, an au pair with infant or toddler experience or if you have a specific care need, we would love the opportunity to introduce you to our excellent au pair candidates. Our families appreciate our personalized matching service and we can help you find the perfect Professional Au Pair quickly and efficiently.