There are multiple reports in the Wall Street Journal and from others, that senior White House officials are considering eliminating the Au Pair program and other privately-funded exchange programs. These steps are being considered as part of the implementation of the Buy American, Hire American (BAHA) Executive Order.
Cultural exchange programs like the Au Pair program make up the core component of our people-to-people diplomacy and are essential to our national security. They are also essential for American families who rely on quality live-in childcare.
Apex PROaupair is working very closely with the Alliance for International Exchange and other sponsors to defend the Au Pair program against potential elimination. We need your help now!
Take Action Now
- Write a letter. Please take a minute to ask your U.S. Senators and Representatives to help save the Au Pair program by sending a letter urging them to contact the White House. Use this automated template.
- Call your Senators and House Representatives. Tell them you oppose the Au Pair Program from being eliminated. You can identify your Senators and Representatives here.
- Call the White House and the Department of State
- White House, Office of Public Liaison: (202) 456-6493
- State Department, Office of Secretary Tillerson: (202) 647-7234
Spread the Word! Thank you for joining with us, as we advocate for families, young people from around the world and everyone in our community who have so much at stake right now.