What do you look for in a childcare provider? If you are the parent of a child with special needs, your family’s requirements most likely go beyond the usual services offered by a traditional care provider such as a nanny or daycare center.
Our professional au pairs have experience working with various types of special needs diagnoses including:
Apex PROaupair childcare is designed specifically for families with children with special needs. We offer professional, live-in childcare that can be tailored for your family’s specific care requirements. Our au pairs are young professionals with degrees in childcare-related fields such as pediatric nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, special needs care, and early childhood education. Not only do they have experience with special needs, they also understand the unique challenges families with special needs face every day.
Our au pairs work closely with their host families to create beneficial routines and meet established goals. They know how to adapt activities and otherwise cater to the needs of a child with special needs – while also balancing the ongoing needs of siblings who do not have delays or disabilities.
Apex PROaupair’s au pairs work with a variety of special needs diagnoses including:
- Autism spectrum disorder, including Asperger’s syndrome
- ADD/ADHD (Attention deficit disorder/Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Down syndrome and other genetic conditions
- Neurological disabilities
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral palsy
- Learning disabilities
- Undiagnosed/severe conditions
- Mental and physical delays
Our well-trained au pairs have a wide range of skills and experience beneficial to families with special needs including:
- Administering medicine
- Implementing therapy homework
- Creating and reinforcing routines
- Feeding assistance (including feeding tubes)
- Adapting the home environment
- Tailoring activities to individual capabilities
- Modeling appropriate behaviors
- Hygiene care and feeding
- Taking children to therapy appointments
- Working with the family to achieve developmental milestones
- Therapeutic exercises
- Monitoring progress and maintaining a log of activities
Apex PROaupair sources and hand-selects our au pairs directly, meeting each one in person. Our English-speaking au pairs provide up to to 45 hours per week of live-in childcare, tailored to a family’s scheduling needs. The cost of the program is the same no matter how many children are in a family – and we offer a convenient “pay as you go” payment option. Once a family has matched with an au pair, we handle all the details, including visa sponsorship, airfare, travel and accident insurance, and yearlong local support.
Are you ready to find out more about professional, live-in childcare for children with special needs?