JOIN OUR DREAM TEAM AS AREA DIRECTOR
This is an independent contractor position, meaning you can work from your home, or wherever it is you work best.
We're looking for Area Directors who are interested in growing their area and supporting our local families and Care Professionals.
Why Join Our Team?
You Love Work with a Purpose
You thrive when your work really matters and you love seeing that you are making a difference in other people’s lives. Knowing that you are working with families and linking them to Professionals that can help their children to grow and succeed is heartwarming. It never gets old.
You Love Working with People
You have a passion for working with families and young care professionals from other cultures, helping them to find their passions and achieve their goals.
You Want to Help Families & Children with Special Needs
The special needs community tends to be its own orbit and to be able to talk and network with these families is a pleasure in itself. You enjoy building relationships with host families, professional au pairs and most of all, enhancing the lives of host children with and without special needs.
You are Seeking Work-Life Balance
You think that being able to work from home and working for an organization “that gets special needs,” is incredible.
You want to be Part of a “Dream Team”
Join supportive colleagues spanning three continents who seek new ways of continued learning. Work on a team centered around respect, support and collaboration. Be a part of the 'cultural bridge' connecting our Apex Social care community to the amazing cultures of the U.S.A. & Australia!
You Seek a Career with Growth Potential
With a growing organization like Apex PROaupair, there is a high potential for growth and career development.
What we do
Since 2008, the Apex Social Group (Apex) has brought together qualified European Care Professionals with education, therapy, and nursing degrees with American and Australian families who have infants, multiples, or children with special needs. Starting in 2020, Apex began the recruitment and placement of American Care Professionals, as well.
The Apex Social Group is made up of several companies, which include: Apex Social Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit promoting education, travel and cultural exchange for German and American care professionals; Apex PROaupair, an international au pair agency designated by the US Department of State placing professional au pairs in the United States & Australia; Apex PROcare, a boutique domestic in-home childcare agency dedicated to matching American families with experienced American professional caregivers; and Apex Professional Exchange, which places care professionals in Australia.
Do you have a passion for cultural exchange and building relationships? Do you want to do something you love that connects you with others both locally and globally? With Apex Social Group, you will have the opportunity to grow your own business, build a strong network in your community, become the local resource for families with special needs and become part of an amazing global community of families and Care Professionals. In this role you will be in charge of your own schedule, income and success!
As a Local Area Director, you will be responsible for all existing and new placements in the metro area where you live, providing excellent customer service, as well as coaching and mentoring to Care Professionals in your group. You will also have the opportunity to grow your local book of business and will be rewarded for every new family that you personally recruit to the Apex Social Group program. This is an independent contractor position that affords flexible hours and a work-from-home opportunity with unlimited growth and income potential.
- Expand your area through local marketing efforts, generating referrals from your current families and Care Professionals and networking in your community
- Serve as a trusted resource to your Host Families and Care Professionals
- Create and facilitate monthly Care Professional meetings
- Assist with problem solving as needed
- Place a welcome call to the Host Family and caregiver within 48 hours of the Care Professional’s arrival
- Conduct an in-home screening interview with each new family & an in-home orientation within 2 weeks of the Care Professional’s arrival into the home
- Introduce the Care Professional to his or her new community by providing helpful resources and support
- Contact all Host Families and Care Professionals by telephone once a month and submit a monthly report
- Work closely with our therapeutic and educational resources team to facilitate progress towards established goals
- Assist program participants with selection of educational courses at local schools or universities or online programs to promote professional development and fulfill their educational requirement
- Strong interest or experience in serving families with children with special needs
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills
- “Entrepreneurial minded” - eager to grow a book of business
- Demonstrated interest in travel abroad and cultural exchange
- Great “people connector” with a passion for engaging and having fun
- Skilled at mediation, listening and staying calm in the face of conflict
- Proficient at using technology and social media for networking and staying organized
- Must have reliable transportation, a mobile phone, computer and high-speed Internet
- Exhibits a proactive and collaborative approach to identifying, creating and responding to opportunities
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and judgment, and builds relationships and trust with customers and at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter that is comfortable - and values - working in a remote environment
- Alignment with Apex Social Group’s vision, mission and non-negotiables
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Background in a therapeutic, clinical or educational, counseling profession preferred
- Bilingual in German/English preferred
As a local Area Director, you will work with Host Families and Care Professionals to provide support as well as reaching out in your community to market and grow the program. The position offers a competitive compensation plan and ability to build your own business locally. This is an independent contractor position that affords flexible hours and a work-from-home opportunity with unlimited growth.
How to Apply
We’d love to have you join our team!
What our Area Directors say...
In July, I will celebrate two years for thriving (not working, thriving) with Apex Social Group with a total of fours years working in the CULTURAL EXCHANGE world. Being an Area Director, I have six ingredients that makes me thrive as an employee, a mom, and a ambassador to California and as a person.
− Jane Smith, Area Director, San Francisco, CA USA −
The six ingredients are:
Work that helps others: relationships with the host families, Care Professionals and most of all, enhancing the lives of the host children with and without special needs I love this the most!
Engaging work that lets me enter a state of flow (freedom, flex hours, variety, clear tasks, feedback, fun)
Supportive colleagues with Apex Social Group in three continents with new ways of continuing learning and embracing your passions with who you are with respect, support and collaboration.
A job that fits my personal life: I can make school field trips, attend my son's baseball games, take a walk with friends in the morning, build amazing relationships with unique hardworking families around the SF Bay Area, support host families on my time, engage with the professional au pairs with fun local outings and yes, there is an occasional, 'drop everything moment'. However, those are like a unicorn, very rare and I sleep every night stress-free with a smile on my face.
Ambassador to California: I love the SF Bay Area, the beautiful state of California and the awesomeness of the USA. San Francisco has long followed the beat of its own drum. Morphed and molded by its communities, the SF Bay area has been the heart of the bohemian lifestyle, the epicenter of the civil rights movement and the launching point of the technology era. Today, San Francisco is a complete universe in and of itself: I love being part of the 'cultural bridge' connecting our Apex PROaupair community of kindness to the strong sense of pride in the region. There are so many fun things to do in San Francisco for all age groups and interests covering everything imaginable: colorful festivals, mind-blowing concerts, unlimited dining options, diverse ethnic neighborhoods and shopping, urban adventure and recreational pursuits, history and architectural walks, fine arts and culture – the list is endless in the SF Bay Area.
Young Professionals keep me young! With a long runway in front of them, professional au pairs from Apex PROaupair have a high success rate. They are future focused and come with every reason to be optimistic about their work and career. Young professionals still find themselves in the seeing, asking, changing, doing, and discovering stages of their work life. The host family (and, yes me, the Area Director) benefits from that fresh perspective unshaded by the bias of experience. I learn from these young professionals that life is breathtakingly beautiful, exciting and even with the occasional challenge...this is what life is all about...Thriving!
Everyday I don't JUST work. I help, guide, find solutions, give, listen, make fun, share information, smile, laugh, thrive...
This is my Apex PROaupair career and it fits my life!
Celebrating over 12 years of Professional Live-in Childcare & Cultural Exchange
Photo Credit: Designed by Freepik