Apex PROaupair has many different types of families participating in our programs. The U.S. Department of State requires that families meet these specific requirements as a condition of participating in Apex PROaupair's program:
- Have both parents be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents (greencard holders)
- Speak English as the primary language in the family home
- Provide the professional au pair with a comfortable, private bedroom
- Provide two personal references and employment verification
- Have the financial resources to cover expenses associated with hosting a professional au pair
- Have an in-home interview with a local Apex PROaupair Area Director
- Agree to comply with all Department of State guidelines
- Live within a 1 hours driving time of the home of an Apex local representative. Please contact Apex directly to confirm your eligibility.
- Have all adult members of the family successfully pass a criminal background check
- Welcome the professional au pair as a family member
For a complete overview of program regulations, please contact an Apex PROaupair Program Advisor at 844-787-6566.